Thursday 19 February 2015

the perfect scent...

We all have our own favourite scent/perfume of course! However I'm quite an unorganised person, as you may have guessed, and I either have quite a few perfumes or none at all. Unfortunately perfume is one of those things that I don't see as a necessity and if I'm honest I feel quite strange buying it myself rather than receiving it as a gift. However I have decided to write this post about a variety of perfumes/body mists which I own, all of different price ranges.

Victoria's Secret - Mango Temptation (Around £8)
The first of my examples of perfume products is Mango Temptation by Victoria's Secret, a fruity and flowery mix of scents (which to be honest I would love to drink/eat if I could). The bottle holds 250 ml, and I've had my bottle since mid January and it hasn't even nearly ran out yet! In addition the bottle is plastic, therefore it can be taken with you anywhere and there is no chance of it smashing and ruining your favourite bag! My only complaint with this body mist is that it doesn't last long, however at a price of £8 per bottle can you really not afford to keep spraying away? I definitely recommend this product, and I am waiting for Victoria's Secret to release Mango Temptation scented bath water.

Killer Queen - Katy Perry (around £15)
My next perfume is from Katy Perry's fragrance line which smells quite sweet yet I have no idea how to describe it. I recently broke my 'no buying perfume for myself' rule when I saw this on offer in Boots as I had received this a few years ago as a present and I loved it! However the second time around I'm not a massive fan as the scent is just so strong it is if anything overwhelming. When I bought this I applied it then naturally went to stroke my dog and it scared her off because of how strong it is! Now this is either dog repellent, or a perfume, I have just sprayed some so that I could accurately describe it (as I did with the other two perfumes) and this is all that I can smell. Overall I do not regret purchasing this because it gives me something to wear on a daily basis, but I am not a massive fan. However the packaging is amazingly fierce and pretty and I just want to be Katy Perry...


Daisy - Marc Jacobs (around £45)
My favourite of the three, and of course the most expensive by quite a lot, is the lovely and fairy-like Marc Jacobs. I realise that 'fairy-like' may be quite a vague description, but honestly it smells so light and lovely and pretty if I could smell like anything for the rest of my life, this would be my smell. I adore this perfume and I can't say a bad word about it, I'm saving this for special occasions to put off the inevitable of it running out but I love it so much! The packaging is one of the best things about this product as it just looks so innocent and cute, I adore it (no word of a lie)! So if you are thinking of treating yourself to a new perfume and would be willing to pay the price I would absolutely 300% recommend this to you!




No comments:

Post a Comment