Monday 23 February 2015

Fluttering Eyelashes

For a while now I've been stuck on which Mascara to buy and I've never really gotten down to it so I've kind of lived off of the scraps of my old ones....bad move Toni, bad move. I'm such a big fan of the full mascara/lashes/60s look that people like Zooey Deschanel and Suki Waterhouse so often have and I'm so jealous that my eyelashes don't look like there's (even though they wear false eyelashes 99% of the time). If you know any good mascaras that will do this for me please suggest some below! In this post I'm going to write about 3 mascaras I have been using this month, and hopefully give some input into what mascaras are good and what mascara's aren't so good...


1) Roller Lash - Benefit 
I've seen so many blog posts about this so I'm sure that if you're reading this you're going to have heard it all before but I really like this mascara! Like many others, I bought the mini sample which was with the March issue of ELLE (Keira Knightley is also cover star so I had to buy it) and I was amazed. However me being a stupid person also picked up a broken one without realising, so mine dried out within a week (cries). Despite my stupidity I have no complaints, the mascara lasts all day with great effect and also it is so easy to remove with make up wipes! I love it, and I think when my Scandal Eyes Retro Glam has run out I may be purchasing this (sorry money I have saved up for a new laptop!).



2) The Falsies Volume Express - Maybelline
After hearing such amazing reviews about this mascara I indulged in this near to prom at the end of June last year and it has only recently ran out which I think is pretty amazing considering I wear mascara basically everyday (except lazy days of course!). However this mascara didn't work that great on me which sounds kind of dumb but my sister also uses this product and it looks amazing on her lashes but unfortunately mine don't do the same thing. This mascara is great for curling and lengthening lashes however it's not very good with volume which is very ironic considering the name. I also found it was very easy for my lashes to go clumpy when using this product. Overall it's cheap and cheerful but there's also room for improvement!


3) Scandal Eyes Retro Glam - Rimmel London 
I bought this product probably a year ago now and I loved it so much but then when I'd used it up I couldn't find it anywhere (I definitely wasn't looking properly) ever since I haven't bought it until Friday when I knew I needed it again! This mascara is so under rated it gives off such full and long and volumous (that's not a word I know) lashes and I just love it! The brush is very thick and I just love it, as it says in the name it helps me to achieve the 60s lashes I desire. I definitely would recommend this to makeup lovers who are on a budget!


These are the mascaras that I own, and I would love to hear any suggestions for a 60s lash like Zooey's/Suki's. Thank you very much for reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment