Saturday 7 February 2015

rrrrrrrred lipstick

If you're like me, you own few red lipsticks because, lets face it...it will never suit me like it suits Taylor Swift. The few that I do own however are from drugstores all around the UK, so are of course cheap and affordable. The lipsticks range from a spring/summer look, and of course autumn winter, and the brands of the products included are: Barry M, Rimmel London, Topshop, and L'oreal Paris.



The first lipstick I tried out was by Barry M satin lipstick (I think) in the shade '162'. This is quite a browny/maroony/red colour, which is of course perfect for autumn/winter, and also suits all skin tones. Although the colour is very pretty however, I'm not a big fan of the way it feels when applying and throughout the day. When it is worn for a long period of time it feels sticky and it is essential to keep reapplying. I did however purchase this product for around £4.99 so it is cheap and cheerful and a lovely winter shade.


The second red lipstick which I was given as part of my Christmas present is from the Kate Moss Rimmel London collection in the shade '111 \Kiss of Life'. I think that this shade is so versatile and can be worn at any time of the year, it is basically the classic red lip (and it tastes like cucumber so its cool). Whenever I wear this it feels weightless, and I have another lipstick from the Kate Moss collection which feels exactly the same. It is amazing and I highly recommend it.


The next lipstick I bought before I opened the previous lipstick. I bought it from Topshop and it was £4 in the sale in the shade 'Hazard'. I absolutely love Topshop makeup, especially the lipsticks as they feel weightless and taste like berries (most people can't taste it but i love it). However this shade is very similar to the previous Rimmel one, so if you are going to buy some red lipsticks please open your presents before!!!! This is however one of my favourites just because of the way it feels and tastes, although it is necessary to reapply!


The final lipstick I purchased was more of a red/orange/spring look, as it was a brighter shade in general. It was chosen by Julianne Moore, so judging by that I think that it is suited to pale/fair skin tones, which is what I am, however I think that it would still look stunning on all skin types. I love the colour of this lipstick however the feel is quite uncomfortable and reminds me of play dough?? I don't know why, but I'm not a big fan. Also it is necessary to reapply a few times to get a good outcome. Overall I like the product but it doesn't beat Topshop's Hazard. Once applied the lipstick gives off I strong, vibrant shade which I will look forward to wearing in the spring.






1 comment:

  1. Great shades! Clinique's "Red, Red, Red" is another of my favourites!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete